Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Students, alumni rally in support of gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
Tue September 10, 2013
School sports start with new concussion law in place
Students in Michigan's public schools are back at their desks.
And for young football players, soccer players and other athletes around the state, practice has been happening in earnest for weeks. This will be the first school sports season under Michigan's new sports concussion law. We wanted to find out what it will mean to student athletes, their coaches and their parents. Laura Rowen joined us today. She's an injury prevention consultant with the Michigan Department of Community Health. Listen to the audio above.
Politics & Government