Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Fri November 5, 2010
Searching for holiday flights? Expect to pay big...
With 20 days to go until Thanksgiving, maybe you're looking to buy airline tickets for holiday travel? Well, if you're flying out of Detroit Metro Airport expect to pay-up. The Detroit Free Press checked round-trip routes to and from Detroit and found:
Fares have risen in the last two weeks. Nationally, holiday fares are about 4% higher than last year depending on the route and date.
Why? "The airlines are tacking on this holiday season what they call peak travel surcharges for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years," CEO of Bestfares.com Tom Parsons told WJRT-TV Mid Michigan.