Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This mom didn't know why her family was sick until she checked their water
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
Fri November 5, 2010
Searching for holiday flights? Expect to pay big...
With 20 days to go until Thanksgiving, maybe you're looking to buy airline tickets for holiday travel? Well, if you're flying out of Detroit Metro Airport expect to pay-up. The Detroit Free Press checked round-trip routes to and from Detroit and found:
Fares have risen in the last two weeks. Nationally, holiday fares are about 4% higher than last year depending on the route and date.
Why? "The airlines are tacking on this holiday season what they call peak travel surcharges for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years," CEO of Bestfares.com Tom Parsons told WJRT-TV Mid Michigan.