Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Fri November 5, 2010
Searching for holiday flights? Expect to pay big...
With 20 days to go until Thanksgiving, maybe you're looking to buy airline tickets for holiday travel? Well, if you're flying out of Detroit Metro Airport expect to pay-up. The Detroit Free Press checked round-trip routes to and from Detroit and found:
Fares have risen in the last two weeks. Nationally, holiday fares are about 4% higher than last year depending on the route and date.
Why? "The airlines are tacking on this holiday season what they call peak travel surcharges for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years," CEO of Bestfares.com Tom Parsons told WJRT-TV Mid Michigan.