Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Fri May 20, 2011
Secretary of State computer problem fixed, hours extended
A mainframe computer system problem that interrupted business at Michigan Secretary of State offices was fixed.
Now the Secretary of State offices will hold extended hours to sort through a backlog.
From the Associated Press:
Secretary of state branches across Michigan are extending their hours through Monday after a computer system problem interrupted transactions over the past several days.
State officials say it will take time to address the backlog created by the outage, which suspended operations for parts of this past Monday and Wednesday and nearly all of Thursday.
As a result, branch offices will stay open later on Friday, Saturday and Monday.
The secretary of state's office also says late fees will be waived for affected customers coming into branches through the end of business on May 27.
The office has alerted law enforcement that some customers were unable to renew their vehicle tabs or driver's licenses during the computer outage.