Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Military ban on gays
Sat December 18, 2010
Senate vote overturns "don't ask, don't tell"
Associated Press reports The Senate has voted to overturn "don't ask, don't tell." Today's 65-31 vote sends the bill to President Barack Obama, who's expected to sign it next week. The new law will allow gay service members to acknowledge their sexual orientation without fear of being kicked out.
More coverage of that story here.