Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Tue December 13, 2011
Setting up a Michigan health care exchange, legislators delay debate
The debate over establishing and paying for a state-operated health insurance exchange has been pushed into next year.
Action on the exchange stalled as House and Senate Republicans continue to disagree on whether it would amount to an endorsement of the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
House Republicans would prefer to wait until after the U.S. Supreme Court rules on the federal law. Governor Rick Snyder says delay could force Michigan into a federal bureaucracy.