Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Mon February 24, 2014
Sexism addressed at Michigan Tech
In response to what they call palpable hostitlity toward women, a group of students at Michigan Technological University has been publishing a newspaper called Beyond the Glass Ceiling.
We wondered what this says about the campus culture and attitudes toward women at the campus in Houghton in the Upper Peninsula, and what those who write in Beyond the Glass Ceiling are trying to say to fellow students, faculty, and school administrators.
Katie Snyder, a PhD candidate in rhetoric and technical communication at Michigan Tech, joins us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Environment & Science