Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Thu August 15, 2013
Shh... Amtrak adds 'quiet' cars on Detroit-Chicago route
Travelers who ride the Amtrak train between Detroit and Chicago will have a new choice beginning Monday. They can enjoy some peace in newly designated "quiet cars."
"People say, 'Look, I want to travel, but I want to get away from all the sounds of people with phones ringing and chatting,'" says Amtrak spokesman Marc Magliari. "They just want to chill out. So the quiet car will be our chill-out car.'
Magliari says tickets to ride in the quiet car won't be any more expensive, but the seats are first-come, first served.
They'll be available on weekdays only.