Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Thu August 15, 2013
Shh... Amtrak adds 'quiet' cars on Detroit-Chicago route
Travelers who ride the Amtrak train between Detroit and Chicago will have a new choice beginning Monday. They can enjoy some peace in newly designated "quiet cars."
"People say, 'Look, I want to travel, but I want to get away from all the sounds of people with phones ringing and chatting,'" says Amtrak spokesman Marc Magliari. "They just want to chill out. So the quiet car will be our chill-out car.'
Magliari says tickets to ride in the quiet car won't be any more expensive, but the seats are first-come, first served.
They'll be available on weekdays only.