Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Sat September 1, 2012
Small plane crashes near Brighton Airport; 1 killed
Several media outlets are reporting the crash of a small plane near Brighton Airport in Livingston County.
From The Detroit Free Press:
Michigan State Police Lt. Dan Davis in Lansing said the accident happened at about 8:30 a.m. Saturday as the plane was taking off. It landed in a nearby field, where helicopters were sent to evacuate the two people inside. The pilot, a man in his 70’s, was taken to U-M Medical Center, where he is being treated for extensive injuries. The passenger, a woman whose age is not known, died. Names have not been released pending notification of families.