Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Sat September 1, 2012
Small plane crashes near Brighton Airport; 1 killed
Several media outlets are reporting the crash of a small plane near Brighton Airport in Livingston County.
From The Detroit Free Press:
Michigan State Police Lt. Dan Davis in Lansing said the accident happened at about 8:30 a.m. Saturday as the plane was taking off. It landed in a nearby field, where helicopters were sent to evacuate the two people inside. The pilot, a man in his 70’s, was taken to U-M Medical Center, where he is being treated for extensive injuries. The passenger, a woman whose age is not known, died. Names have not been released pending notification of families.