Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Sat September 1, 2012
Small plane crashes near Brighton Airport; 1 killed
Several media outlets are reporting the crash of a small plane near Brighton Airport in Livingston County.
From The Detroit Free Press:
Michigan State Police Lt. Dan Davis in Lansing said the accident happened at about 8:30 a.m. Saturday as the plane was taking off. It landed in a nearby field, where helicopters were sent to evacuate the two people inside. The pilot, a man in his 70’s, was taken to U-M Medical Center, where he is being treated for extensive injuries. The passenger, a woman whose age is not known, died. Names have not been released pending notification of families.