Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Wed September 18, 2013
Small southwest Michigan town is the 'Magic Capitol of the World'
It's been an extra-magical summer in the small southwest Michigan town of Colon.
This summer brought the 77th Annual Abbott's Magic Get-Together put on by the Abbott Magic Company, which has been helping magicians work their wonders since 1934.
Cyndy Canty, host of Stateside, sat down with Greg Bordner, his father co-founded the Abbott Magic Company in January 1934, and asked just how a small Michigan town became, as it likes to say, "The Magic Capitol of the World?"
Listen to the full interview above.