Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Wed September 18, 2013
Small southwest Michigan town is the 'Magic Capitol of the World'
It's been an extra-magical summer in the small southwest Michigan town of Colon.
This summer brought the 77th Annual Abbott's Magic Get-Together put on by the Abbott Magic Company, which has been helping magicians work their wonders since 1934.
Cyndy Canty, host of Stateside, sat down with Greg Bordner, his father co-founded the Abbott Magic Company in January 1934, and asked just how a small Michigan town became, as it likes to say, "The Magic Capitol of the World?"
Listen to the full interview above.