Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Mon January 28, 2013
Snow and ice lead to school closings this morning
The snow and freezing rain have led to hazardous road conditions around the state. From the National Weather Service:
Freezing rain will continue overnight across portions of the Great Lakes states, where total ice accumulations could exceed one quarter of an inch. Meanwhile, heavy snowfall is forecast from northern Wisconsin into northern Michigan. The wintery mix will move into the Northeast States and northern Mid-Atlantic early Monday.
Parents have received robocalls from their school districts notifying them of the closures, but if you missed a call, here are a few links for school closings.
WXYZ-TV in Detroit has list of school closings in SE Michigan.
WLNS-TV has this page for districts in the central part of the state.
And WOOD-TV has a list of closings for the western part of the state.
The snow and ice are expected to melt this morning as temperatures rise into the mid-40s across much of the state.