Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon November 8, 2010
Snyder to announce positions in new adminstration
Update 8:34 AM:
The Associated Press is reporting Govenror-elect Rick Snyder has chosen House Speaker Andy Dillon to be the state's next treasurer. Former Lt. Gov Dick Posthumus will be his legislative affairs advisor.
Governor-elect Rick Snyder will announce key positions in his new administration later today in Ann Arbor, The Detroit Free Press reports. And, there's speculation that one of the positions may go to a familiar name in the state: Andy Dillon. Dillon is a Democrat and currently the Speaker of the state House of Representatives. He was also a candidate for Governor in the Democratic primary. Dillon lost the primary to Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero, who went on to lose the race for Governor to Snyder. Neither Snyder nor Dillon's camps would confirm the possible appointment.