Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Thu December 2, 2010
Snyder announces director of state's D.C. office
Governor-elect Rick Snyder has chosen Bill McBride to be director of the State of Michigan Washington, D.C. office. McBride was a deputy chief of staff for former-Governor of Michigan John Engler. McBride currently is chief of staff to Michigan Republican Congressman Vern Ehlers of Grand Rapids.
In a statement released yesterday, Snyder said:
Michigan’s Congressional delegation will have significant influence in the upcoming Congress since our U.S. Senators and Representatives will chair key committees. Bill McBride’s experience and impressive working relationships on both sides of the aisle make him an outstanding choice to head up our Washington D.C. office.
Snyder takes the oath of office on January 1st, 2011.