Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Thu December 2, 2010
Snyder announces director of state's D.C. office
Governor-elect Rick Snyder has chosen Bill McBride to be director of the State of Michigan Washington, D.C. office. McBride was a deputy chief of staff for former-Governor of Michigan John Engler. McBride currently is chief of staff to Michigan Republican Congressman Vern Ehlers of Grand Rapids.
In a statement released yesterday, Snyder said:
Michigan’s Congressional delegation will have significant influence in the upcoming Congress since our U.S. Senators and Representatives will chair key committees. Bill McBride’s experience and impressive working relationships on both sides of the aisle make him an outstanding choice to head up our Washington D.C. office.
Snyder takes the oath of office on January 1st, 2011.