Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Thu December 2, 2010
Snyder announces director of state's D.C. office
Governor-elect Rick Snyder has chosen Bill McBride to be director of the State of Michigan Washington, D.C. office. McBride was a deputy chief of staff for former-Governor of Michigan John Engler. McBride currently is chief of staff to Michigan Republican Congressman Vern Ehlers of Grand Rapids.
In a statement released yesterday, Snyder said:
Michigan’s Congressional delegation will have significant influence in the upcoming Congress since our U.S. Senators and Representatives will chair key committees. Bill McBride’s experience and impressive working relationships on both sides of the aisle make him an outstanding choice to head up our Washington D.C. office.
Snyder takes the oath of office on January 1st, 2011.