Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon November 8, 2010
Snyder announces positions for Dillon, Posthumus
Governor-elect Rick Snyder announced this morning in Ann Arbor that he has picked Democrat Andy Dillon to be state treasurer. Dillon is currently the Speaker in the Michigan House of Representatives. Interestingly enough, Dillon lost the Democratic bid to be Michigan's next governor to his primary opponent Virg Bernero. Bernero went on to lose the general election on November 2nd to Snyder.
Snyder also announced at the press conference that Republican Dick Posthumus will be a senior advisor to the Governor-elect. Posthumus served eight years in the state Senate and served as Lieutenant Governor to former Governor John Engler.
Lieutenant Governor-elect Brian Calley was also on hand for the announcement but did not make any formal statements.
During the announcement, Snyder said, of the three men standing with him, "We’re well on our way to creating the A team.”
**And, an interesting note: of the four men standing behind the podium, only one of them was not wearing a tie: that would Governor-elect Snyder.