Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Thu January 6, 2011
Snyder to give State of the State address on Jan. 19th
Governor Rick Snyder will give his first State of the State address on Wednesday, January 19th at 7 p.m. He'll give the speech in front of a joint session of the state legislature in the House chamber of the Capitol building in Lansing . The Detroit Free Press reports:
Snyder is expected to lay out specific goals of his promise to "reinvent Michigan" with an economic and political culture that promotes entrepreneurial spirit with lower taxes and less regulation. Those are themes he struck Saturday in his inauguration speech, in which he called for an end to partisan bickering.
And, if you're an astrology-watcher, it might be interesting to note that there will be a full moon that evening.
Michigan Radio will air live coverage of the address.