Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Wed November 3, 2010
Snyder, Granholm meet to talk transition
Governor-elect Rick Snyder met this morning with the woman he'll replace in Lansing.
Snyder and Governor Jennifer Granholm shook hands and posed for pictures in front of reporters before the meeting.
"A lot of hard work in the next couple of months," Granholm said, "but I appreciate the commitment to working together that you've continually professed. I think that's going to be healthy for Michigan. Our team stands ready to do whatever it takes to make sure this is a smooth transition."
Snyder called Granholm "gracious" for agreeing to meet with him before she leaves for South Korea. The trip is expected to be Granholm's final trade mission overseas before she leaves office.
Contact Sarah Hulett at firstname.lastname@example.org © Copyright 2010, Michigan Radio