Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Wed December 22, 2010
Snyder to name police, transportation directors
Governor-elect Rick Snyder is expected to name directors for the state's Department of Transportation and the Michigan State Police later today.
Snyder is also expected to appoint Kriste Etue as director of the Michigan State Police. She's currently the deputy director of the state police.
As The Detroit News reports, Etue will be the first woman to head the Michigan State Police:
She will be the second woman named to head a department in the Snyder administration. On Friday, Olga Dazzo was named director of the Department of Community Health.
Snyder is expected to make the announcement of both posts at a news conference today in Lansing.