Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Wed December 22, 2010
Snyder to name police, transportation directors
Governor-elect Rick Snyder is expected to name directors for the state's Department of Transportation and the Michigan State Police later today.
Snyder is also expected to appoint Kriste Etue as director of the Michigan State Police. She's currently the deputy director of the state police.
As The Detroit News reports, Etue will be the first woman to head the Michigan State Police:
She will be the second woman named to head a department in the Snyder administration. On Friday, Olga Dazzo was named director of the Department of Community Health.
Snyder is expected to make the announcement of both posts at a news conference today in Lansing.