Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Veteran treasure hunter solves the last 'Wyoming Riddle'
Tue November 30, 2010
Snyder picks budget director
Governor-elect Rick Snyder is going out of state for his choice of Michigan’s next budget director.
Snyder is naming John Nixon, Utah’s top budget officer, to become his administration’s budget director.
Nixon will take over the job from Robert Emerson.
In a release yesterday, Snyder said:
John is considered one of the best in the business and is widely respected inside and outside of state government. As I traveled the state during the campaign and met with the hardworking men and women of Michigan, I said it was time for the citizens to take back control of Michigan’s broken budget process and to deliver real value for money. John will work with us to bring fiscal responsibility, stability, transparency and the citizens’ priorities to state government.
Michigan faces a projected $1.7 billion shortfall in the budget that begins next October.
Snyder takes the oath of office on January 1st, 2011.
Governor-elect Rick Snyder