Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Tue November 30, 2010
Snyder picks budget director
Governor-elect Rick Snyder is going out of state for his choice of Michigan’s next budget director.
Snyder is naming John Nixon, Utah’s top budget officer, to become his administration’s budget director.
Nixon will take over the job from Robert Emerson.
In a release yesterday, Snyder said:
John is considered one of the best in the business and is widely respected inside and outside of state government. As I traveled the state during the campaign and met with the hardworking men and women of Michigan, I said it was time for the citizens to take back control of Michigan’s broken budget process and to deliver real value for money. John will work with us to bring fiscal responsibility, stability, transparency and the citizens’ priorities to state government.
Michigan faces a projected $1.7 billion shortfall in the budget that begins next October.
Snyder takes the oath of office on January 1st, 2011.
Governor-elect Rick Snyder