Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Michigan’s arsenic problem is among the worst in the nation. Here’s why that matters.
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
Fri November 5, 2010
Snyder won't be moving into Governor's mansion... yet
It's being reported that Governor-elect Rick Snyder will not be moving into the Governor's mansion in Lansing anytime soon. Instead, Snyder will live in his Ann Arbor-area home and commute to the state Capitol. Snyder's youngest daughter, Kelsey, is still finishing high school in the area and Snyder doesn't want to move until she graduates.
The Detroit News reports:
Snyder's home in Superior Township, which he shares with his wife, Sue, and three children, is larger than what is sometimes referred to as the "governor's mansion" in Lansing. The 10,600-square-foot home in a gated community features an indoor pool, 15-seat theater, wine cellar and a wine tasting room. Snyder also owns a $1.5 million, 5,000-square-foot vacation home on Gun Lake in Barry County.