Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
Fri November 5, 2010
Snyder won't be moving into Governor's mansion... yet
It's being reported that Governor-elect Rick Snyder will not be moving into the Governor's mansion in Lansing anytime soon. Instead, Snyder will live in his Ann Arbor-area home and commute to the state Capitol. Snyder's youngest daughter, Kelsey, is still finishing high school in the area and Snyder doesn't want to move until she graduates.
The Detroit News reports:
Snyder's home in Superior Township, which he shares with his wife, Sue, and three children, is larger than what is sometimes referred to as the "governor's mansion" in Lansing. The 10,600-square-foot home in a gated community features an indoor pool, 15-seat theater, wine cellar and a wine tasting room. Snyder also owns a $1.5 million, 5,000-square-foot vacation home on Gun Lake in Barry County.