Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
State of the State 2012
Thu January 19, 2012
Snyder's address: What the pundits are saying
As we've been reporting, Governor Snyder delivered his second State of the State address last night. Here's a roundup of what various political reporters and pundits are saying about the speech this morning:
- Tom Walsh: Snyder's a little short on specifics to solve state's problems, Detroit Free Press
- Rochelle Riley: Improving education has to be Snyder's Job One, Detroit Free Press
- Editorial: Snyder sets right tone for 2012, The Detroit News
- Southwest Michigan Republicans pleased with Gov. Rick Snyder's State of the State address, Democrats want more details, The Kalamazoo Gazette
- Gov. Rick Snyder: Crime, obesity statistics unacceptable, but state can build on education, tax reforms, The Grand Rapids Press
- Some of Gov. Snyder's 2012 proposals face tough tests, The Associated Press
- Snyder's second State of the State address: Nothing 'sexy,' few details, practical prescription, Crain's Detroit Business
And, over at annarbor.com, they've posted some photos from the address.