Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Students, alumni rally in support of gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
State of the State 2012
Thu January 19, 2012
Snyder's address: What the pundits are saying
As we've been reporting, Governor Snyder delivered his second State of the State address last night. Here's a roundup of what various political reporters and pundits are saying about the speech this morning:
- Tom Walsh: Snyder's a little short on specifics to solve state's problems, Detroit Free Press
- Rochelle Riley: Improving education has to be Snyder's Job One, Detroit Free Press
- Editorial: Snyder sets right tone for 2012, The Detroit News
- Southwest Michigan Republicans pleased with Gov. Rick Snyder's State of the State address, Democrats want more details, The Kalamazoo Gazette
- Gov. Rick Snyder: Crime, obesity statistics unacceptable, but state can build on education, tax reforms, The Grand Rapids Press
- Some of Gov. Snyder's 2012 proposals face tough tests, The Associated Press
- Snyder's second State of the State address: Nothing 'sexy,' few details, practical prescription, Crain's Detroit Business
And, over at annarbor.com, they've posted some photos from the address.