Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Tue December 7, 2010
Snyder's inaugural to be a low-key affair
Geralyn Lasher will be Snyder's Communications Director. She told The Detroit Free Press that the Snyder inauguration will not be lavish:
We want people to have the opportunity to participate in a celebration. But there's going to be work to do the day before and the day after ... and the day after that.
Last month The Associated Press reported that Snyder will take the oath of office outdoors and give his inaugural speech on the Capitol steps.
Governor-elect Rick Snyder