Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Tue December 7, 2010
Snyder's inaugural to be a low-key affair
Geralyn Lasher will be Snyder's Communications Director. She told The Detroit Free Press that the Snyder inauguration will not be lavish:
We want people to have the opportunity to participate in a celebration. But there's going to be work to do the day before and the day after ... and the day after that.
Last month The Associated Press reported that Snyder will take the oath of office outdoors and give his inaugural speech on the Capitol steps.
Governor-elect Rick Snyder