Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Tue December 7, 2010
Snyder's inaugural to be a low-key affair
Geralyn Lasher will be Snyder's Communications Director. She told The Detroit Free Press that the Snyder inauguration will not be lavish:
We want people to have the opportunity to participate in a celebration. But there's going to be work to do the day before and the day after ... and the day after that.
Last month The Associated Press reported that Snyder will take the oath of office outdoors and give his inaugural speech on the Capitol steps.
Governor-elect Rick Snyder