Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Sparrow Hospital Contract
Mon November 29, 2010
Sparrow Hospital nurses start voting today on a new contract
Sparrow Hospital nurses are supposed to start voting today on a new contract.
Last minute negotiations headed off a threatened lockout at Lansing’s Sparrow Hospital ten days ago.
Hospital administrators threatened to lockout Sparrow’s 21 hundred nurses and support staff if they didn’t agree to the hospital’s final offer.
Earlier, the nurses union authorized a strike and walked away from contract talks.
In the end, the two sides hammered out a tentative deal that included a modest wage hike and increase nurse staffing levels.
The voting is expected to be concluded Tuesday.