Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Sparrow Hospital Contract
Mon November 29, 2010
Sparrow Hospital nurses start voting today on a new contract
Sparrow Hospital nurses are supposed to start voting today on a new contract.
Last minute negotiations headed off a threatened lockout at Lansing’s Sparrow Hospital ten days ago.
Hospital administrators threatened to lockout Sparrow’s 21 hundred nurses and support staff if they didn’t agree to the hospital’s final offer.
Earlier, the nurses union authorized a strike and walked away from contract talks.
In the end, the two sides hammered out a tentative deal that included a modest wage hike and increase nurse staffing levels.
The voting is expected to be concluded Tuesday.