Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Sparrow Hospital Contract
Mon November 29, 2010
Sparrow Hospital nurses start voting today on a new contract
Sparrow Hospital nurses are supposed to start voting today on a new contract.
Last minute negotiations headed off a threatened lockout at Lansing’s Sparrow Hospital ten days ago.
Hospital administrators threatened to lockout Sparrow’s 21 hundred nurses and support staff if they didn’t agree to the hospital’s final offer.
Earlier, the nurses union authorized a strike and walked away from contract talks.
In the end, the two sides hammered out a tentative deal that included a modest wage hike and increase nurse staffing levels.
The voting is expected to be concluded Tuesday.