Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Thu March 17, 2011
Spartan Motors to build delivery vehicle; 450 new jobs expected
A mid-Michigan company is expanding and expects to hire hundreds of people in the next few years.
Spartan Motors in Charlotte builds chassis for fire trucks and ambulance, recreational vehicles, armored vehicles and drilling rigs.
Now it’s going into the delivery vehicle market in a partnership with Isuzu.
The van will be called “The Reach" and it’ll be used by companies like UPS and Federal Express.
Russell Chick is with Spartan Motors. He says production should begin in 2012, adding about 450 jobs.
"That's where we expect to go as the program ramps up, so initially the numbers won't be that significant, but our expectation is that it will increase over time," Chick says.
He says most of the jobs will be in production.