Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Thu March 17, 2011
Spartan Motors to build delivery vehicle; 450 new jobs expected
A mid-Michigan company is expanding and expects to hire hundreds of people in the next few years.
Spartan Motors in Charlotte builds chassis for fire trucks and ambulance, recreational vehicles, armored vehicles and drilling rigs.
Now it’s going into the delivery vehicle market in a partnership with Isuzu.
The van will be called “The Reach" and it’ll be used by companies like UPS and Federal Express.
Russell Chick is with Spartan Motors. He says production should begin in 2012, adding about 450 jobs.
"That's where we expect to go as the program ramps up, so initially the numbers won't be that significant, but our expectation is that it will increase over time," Chick says.
He says most of the jobs will be in production.