Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Thu March 17, 2011
St. Patrick's Day parody from "Not-so-pure Michigan" (video)
Filmaker John Kerfoot plays off the Pure Michigan brand with his "Not So Pure Michigan" video parodies.
His latest video parody... St. Patrick's Day in Detroit:
The Detroit News reports that crowds are gathering at the pubs in Detroit:
For a day at least, it appears everybody at a Metro Detroit pub is Irish.
More than 150 people were at the Old Shillelagh bar in Detroit this morning, eating breakfast and drinking beer to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
"I'm not Irish, but I celebrate every year if I can," said Katie Rohroff, 22, of Southgate. "We'll be here most of the day, and then I'll have to take a nap."