Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Thu March 14, 2013
A St. Patrick's Day story with Allison Downey and Yvonne Healy
St. Patrick's day is Sunday. It seems fitting to bring you a dash of Irish culture.
Yvonne Healy is a Michigan-based Irish-American storyteller.
Born in Ireland, she brings "rollicking kids’ tales, weird Celtic legends, outrageous family lore, or thought-provoking adult fare."
Her stories have helped her win awards as a raconteur, and she is currently the #1 traditional Irish story teller in the U.S.
And here's a tune "Ireland for You" written by Allison Downey and performed live in Michigan Radio's Studio East:
(Annie Capps - harmony vocals, Rod Capps - lead guitar, John Austin - electric bass, Allison Downey - lead vocals and guitar, Engineered by the fabulous Bob Skon)
And here is a video of Yvonne Healy telling one of her stories: