Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Wed January 22, 2014
Stabenow concerned about security at Winter Olympics
Michigan Sen. Debbie Stabenow is joining other members of Congress who are expressing concern about security at the Winter Olympic games next month in Russia.
There are concerns that the games face an unprecedented terrorist threat level.
Stabenow says Russian authorities have not shared enough of their security plans for the games.
“Certainly we’re going to be doing everything humanly possible to protect our athletes and working closely with the Russians,” says Stabenow, “But we have to be on high alert.”
The Obama administration plans to have U.S. warships in the Black Sea in case there is a need to evacuate U.S. Olympic team members during the games.
Several athletes from Michigan are on the U.S. Olympic team, including members of the men’s hockey team and ice dancing skaters.