Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Wed January 22, 2014
Stabenow concerned about security at Winter Olympics
Michigan Sen. Debbie Stabenow is joining other members of Congress who are expressing concern about security at the Winter Olympic games next month in Russia.
There are concerns that the games face an unprecedented terrorist threat level.
Stabenow says Russian authorities have not shared enough of their security plans for the games.
“Certainly we’re going to be doing everything humanly possible to protect our athletes and working closely with the Russians,” says Stabenow, “But we have to be on high alert.”
The Obama administration plans to have U.S. warships in the Black Sea in case there is a need to evacuate U.S. Olympic team members during the games.
Several athletes from Michigan are on the U.S. Olympic team, including members of the men’s hockey team and ice dancing skaters.