Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Sat July 9, 2011
Stabenow hopes Sunday's 'Debt Ceiling' talks will remember 'Middle Class Families'
Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow says she hopes President Obama and Congressional leaders can strike a ‘balance’ in Sunday’s planned talks on extending the debt ceiling. Stabenow says the President and Republicans should prioritize the needs of middle class Americans.
“Its very concerning to me that we not see the budget be balanced on the backs of middle class families and senior citizens.”
The two sides are discussing a combination of budget cuts and tax increases as part of a deal to increase the nation’s debt ceiling.