Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Sat July 9, 2011
Stabenow hopes Sunday's 'Debt Ceiling' talks will remember 'Middle Class Families'
Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow says she hopes President Obama and Congressional leaders can strike a ‘balance’ in Sunday’s planned talks on extending the debt ceiling. Stabenow says the President and Republicans should prioritize the needs of middle class Americans.
“Its very concerning to me that we not see the budget be balanced on the backs of middle class families and senior citizens.”
The two sides are discussing a combination of budget cuts and tax increases as part of a deal to increase the nation’s debt ceiling.