Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Wed October 12, 2011
Stabenow: South Korea free trade agreement includes auto industry provisions
Congress is expected to vote on free trade agreements with South Korea, Columbia and Panama today. The South Korean agreement is potentially one of the largest free trade deals in years.
Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow says she opposed the agreement initially reached by the Bush Administration, but she says the trade pact now has special protections for the U.S. auto industry.
“It took into account serious concerns that our auto industry and auto workers had about being able to have open access to the (South) Korean market," says Stabenow.
The South Korean trade deal is expected to easily pass the Congress.
President Obama and South Korea’s president will tour GM’s Lake Orion assembly plant Friday.