Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Families & Community
Mon March 3, 2014
State of Opportunity has a new project and needs your tax stories
We're getting ready for a new project here at State of Opportunity, and we're excited about it.
We'll take the experiences of families in towns and cities around the state and turn them into useful news – the kind of news that usually travels between two people when they talk about the way things really work.
Part of what makes this project work are stories and insights from you and the people you know.
Right now, we're looking for stories about taxes.
- If you've ever been the victim of tax fraud or identity theft at tax time we want to hear about it.
- If you've ever worked with a low-income taxpayer clinic to fix a tax problem you've had, we want to hear about it.
- If you volunteer at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site and help people prepare their taxes, we want to hear your best tax advice.
To share information or stories email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.