Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Families & Community
Mon March 3, 2014
State of Opportunity has a new project and needs your tax stories
We're getting ready for a new project here at State of Opportunity, and we're excited about it.
We'll take the experiences of families in towns and cities around the state and turn them into useful news – the kind of news that usually travels between two people when they talk about the way things really work.
Part of what makes this project work are stories and insights from you and the people you know.
Right now, we're looking for stories about taxes.
- If you've ever been the victim of tax fraud or identity theft at tax time we want to hear about it.
- If you've ever worked with a low-income taxpayer clinic to fix a tax problem you've had, we want to hear about it.
- If you volunteer at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site and help people prepare their taxes, we want to hear your best tax advice.
To share information or stories email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.