Come next January, Lansing's going to have itself a new mayor for the first time in a dozen years. Today on Stateside, outgoing mayor Virg Bernero reflects on his legacy. Also today, from mailers and commercials to donations, we hear why tracking all of the money in local elections is not easy. And, can soul food be vegan? We learn why Detroit restaurateurs say yes as they serve up meatless favorites.
To find individual interviews, click here or see below:
- Mailers, commercials, and donations: Tracking all the money in local elections is not easy
- Dry ice and slime: Michigan Science Center brings virtual, hands-on experiments to classrooms
- How the largest man-made blast before the atomic bomb led to Michigan's first hockey team
- Can soul food be vegan? Detroit restaurateurs serve up meatless favorites
- Outgoing Lansing mayor reflects on legacy, argues healthy cities are key to Michigan's future