Today on Stateside, we get an update on the toxic algal blooms on Lake Erie, the same kind that shut down Toledo's water system three years ago. And a new report indicates that past Michigan legislatures have committed the state to an ever-shrinking general fund. We talk with Ken Sikkema, former Republican legislative leader and senior policy fellow at Public Sector Consultants, and former Democratic legislator Vicki Barnett about that.
To find individual interviews, click here or see below:
- Fed up with slow internet, Lyndon township set to vote on publicly-funded alternative
- As "Detroit" movie opens nationwide, a teacher remembers her student killed at Algiers Motel
- Political roundup: New report predicts $2 billion shortfall in Michigan's general fund
- Cheers! A visit to Grand Rapids' Brewery Vivant
- “Lab in a can” to monitor Lake Erie before it’s dead again
- To save Lake Erie, some farmers embrace environmental practices