Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Arts & Culture
Thu January 3, 2013
Stateside: Choreographer Adesola Akinleye on vogue dancing in the LGBTQ community
Among the many voices at the Ruth Ellis Center is Adesola Akinleye, a professional dancer and choreographer. She contacted the center to be of service to the LGBTQ young adults who come there.
She teaches them ballet.
But the youth have also been teaching her about the world of vogue dancing.
Listen to Michigan Radio’s Kyle Norris audio postcard above.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"