Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- Ypsilanti family finds happiness in living off the land
- Michigan's student homelessness problem is growing
- Go lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
Arts & Culture
Thu January 3, 2013
Stateside: Choreographer Adesola Akinleye on vogue dancing in the LGBTQ community
Among the many voices at the Ruth Ellis Center is Adesola Akinleye, a professional dancer and choreographer. She contacted the center to be of service to the LGBTQ young adults who come there.
She teaches them ballet.
But the youth have also been teaching her about the world of vogue dancing.
Listen to Michigan Radio’s Kyle Norris audio postcard above.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"