Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Arts & Culture
Mon November 26, 2012
Stateside: Dana Falconberry's "Leelanau" soundscapes
Listening to Dana Falconberry's lush music, it becomes clear the artist draws inspiration from Michigan's western coast.
We spoke today with Falconberry about her latest record, "Leelanau," and the role that Michigan's landscapes play in her music.
"It's so beautiful up there, it's easy to be inspired by the land," said Falconberry.
With track titles like "Pictured Rocks" and "Sault Ste Marie," Falconberry's latest is in many ways a musical homage to a state beaming with beauty.
Listen to Falconberry's interview and music in our podcast.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"