Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Arts & Culture
Mon November 26, 2012
Stateside: Dana Falconberry's "Leelanau" soundscapes
Listening to Dana Falconberry's lush music, it becomes clear the artist draws inspiration from Michigan's western coast.
We spoke today with Falconberry about her latest record, "Leelanau," and the role that Michigan's landscapes play in her music.
"It's so beautiful up there, it's easy to be inspired by the land," said Falconberry.
With track titles like "Pictured Rocks" and "Sault Ste Marie," Falconberry's latest is in many ways a musical homage to a state beaming with beauty.
Listen to Falconberry's interview and music in our podcast.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"