Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Politics & Culture
Wed February 27, 2013
Stateside for February 27th, 2013
Today on Stateside, Governor Snyder is appointing a Justice to the state Supreme Court. That's after former Justice Diane Hathaway officially resigned last month after being indicted on bank fraud. We got the details on the appointment coming out of Lansing.
And, in his State of the State address, Governor Snyder was crystal-clear: Michigan’s roads are creaky and old, and they need to be fixed. Just about everyone agrees with that. The big question is how to pay for those badly-needed repairs.
The Governor wants $1.2 billion each year for these road repairs. He’s proposed raising our gas tax and vehicle registration fees, but this isn’t getting a lot of love, especially among Republicans who are not fans of anything that looks, smells, or sounds like a tax increase.
And finally, five-time national champions, silver medalists in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, 2011 world champions, and four-time Grand Prix Final champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White joined us in the studio today. It’s no exaggeration to say they helped to make Southeast Michigan the ice-dance capital of America.