Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Mon November 19, 2012
Stateside: A growing Big Ten
The Big Ten Conference will soon include 14 teams.
Michigan Radio's John U. Bacon addressed the conference's decision to bring Maryland and Rutgers into its competitive network.
“On the Michigan chat boards, it is 98% apocalyptic disgust. It should be noted, that is in great contrast to Nebraska joining last year. They are not against expansion, per se,” said Bacon.
The potential financial gains are of great interest to the conference, said Bacon.
“The whole reason why they are doing that is the Big Ten Network’s footprint. This can add up to around $200 million dollars. I can think of no other reason why they would do it,” said Bacon.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"