Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
Mon February 18, 2013
Stateside: The impact of increasing minimum wage
The following is a summary of a previously recorded interview. To hear the complete segment, click the audio above.
The subject of minimum wage is on the front burner these days nationally, and in Lansing.
President Obama announced in his State of the Union address that he wants to raise the federal minimum wage to $9 an hour.
And now, there's a proposal afoot in Lansing to boost the state minimum wage to $10 an hour.
We had MPRN's Jake Neher and Michigan State University economics professor Charley Ballard tell us just what would the impact be on Michigan's economy, its businesses and its workers, if the minimum wage was boosted.