Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Mon February 18, 2013
Stateside: The impact of increasing minimum wage
The following is a summary of a previously recorded interview. To hear the complete segment, click the audio above.
The subject of minimum wage is on the front burner these days nationally, and in Lansing.
President Obama announced in his State of the Union address that he wants to raise the federal minimum wage to $9 an hour.
And now, there's a proposal afoot in Lansing to boost the state minimum wage to $10 an hour.
We had MPRN's Jake Neher and Michigan State University economics professor Charley Ballard tell us just what would the impact be on Michigan's economy, its businesses and its workers, if the minimum wage was boosted.