Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Arts & Culture
Tue November 27, 2012
Stateside: Michigan's shores documented in the Fresh Coast Project
Photographer Ed Wargin is enchanted by the Great Lakes; he endeavors to document all 10,000 miles of their shores with his Fresh Coast Project.
The project's aim is to celebrate the beauty of the Great Lakes through the ephemeral medium of film photography.
"I've realized we often look at the Great Lakes in parts and pieces. The goal of the project is to try to look at the Great Lakes as one story," said Wargin.
Wargin hopes his shots of gleaming sunsets will inform people of the state's abundant resources and thereby promote their preservation.
Hear Wargin further discuss his Fresh Coast Project on today's podcast.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"
The Environment Report
Politics & Government