Stateside for Monday, August 18, 2014
Today on Stateside:
· The next few weeks are expected to see volatile prices in gas in Michigan, according to one analyst. Why?
· Drive from Detroit to Sault Ste. Marie on I-75 and you might be surprised by what you'll see. Some of the most underrated attractions can be found, and a big smiley face ranked as #1.
· Early bursts of autumn color have been seen across Michigan. Are the leaves trying to tell us something?
· One-point-six million people in Michigan live in poverty. Now here’s the twist: the poverty rate rural areas is higher than the rate in urban areas.
· The Ann Arbor Chronicle news site will be shutting down September 2.
· Two names that stand well above all the others in the revitalization of Detroit: the names of Ilitch and Gilbert. A recent front page story in the Detroit Free Press explores the impact of Mike Ilitch and his family and Dan Gilbert.
*Listen to the full show above.