Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Students, alumni rally in support of gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
Public Insight Journalist
Essay/Analysis: Sports Commentator
Host, Stateside with Cynthia Canty
Mid Michigan Reporter/Producer
That's What They Say
Sarah Cwiek - Detroit Reporter/Producer
Assistant News Director
Essay/Analysis: Political Commentator
Weekend Edition host
MPRN Capitol Reporter
Host - Middays
Reporter / Producer - Michigan Public Radio Network
Host - Morning Edition
West Michigan Reporter/Producer
Arts, Culture & Education Reporter/Producer
Host - All Things Considered
Reporter/Producer - The Environment Report
Mon August 4, 2014
Stateside for Monday, August 4, 2014
Today on Stateside:
- The water ban is lifted in northwest Ohio. But will Toledo's water crisis be a wake-up call?
- Young workers of America, unite! Or not. Millennials aren't joining unions. We take a look at the future of unions.
- Chef and restaurateur Mario Batali joined us. It’s fair to say he’s slightly obsessed with Northern Michigan.
- Primary day is tomorrow. But is it actually an election day if no one shows up? We take a look at who’s taking advantage of a low-key election.
- With temperatures over the past few weeks dipping into the 50s, it's hard not to think about the bigger consequences. We talked to agriculture experts about the impact climate changes could have on Michigan's farming future.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Ebola was currently out of control but could be easily stopped with basic health practices. This leads to the question: What is the possibility of Ebola spreading further?
- Michigan Radio’s Kyle Norris and Lucy Perkins visited the Cascade Falls in Jackson and brought to us what happened at this manmade attraction.