Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Living off the grid can be illegal
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Politics & Culture
Mon February 3, 2014
Stateside for Monday, Feb. 3, 2014
Governor Snyder is officially launching his re-election bid today. That’s after a 60-second ad that ran throughout much of the state last night during the Super Bowl.
In the ad, the Governor is touted as the “Comeback Kid” and there's a heavy focus on his economic policies.
On today’s show, we talk with Gov. Snyder about his campaign launch, and we turn to Michigan Public Radio’s Rick Pluta to talk about the politics behind the ad, about Snyder’s re-election bid, and his likely Democratic opponent Mark Schauer.