Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Politics & Culture
Mon February 3, 2014
Stateside for Monday, Feb. 3, 2014
Governor Snyder is officially launching his re-election bid today. That’s after a 60-second ad that ran throughout much of the state last night during the Super Bowl.
In the ad, the Governor is touted as the “Comeback Kid” and there's a heavy focus on his economic policies.
On today’s show, we talk with Gov. Snyder about his campaign launch, and we turn to Michigan Public Radio’s Rick Pluta to talk about the politics behind the ad, about Snyder’s re-election bid, and his likely Democratic opponent Mark Schauer.