Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Politics & Culture
Mon February 3, 2014
Stateside for Monday, Feb. 3, 2014
Governor Snyder is officially launching his re-election bid today. That’s after a 60-second ad that ran throughout much of the state last night during the Super Bowl.
In the ad, the Governor is touted as the “Comeback Kid” and there's a heavy focus on his economic policies.
On today’s show, we talk with Gov. Snyder about his campaign launch, and we turn to Michigan Public Radio’s Rick Pluta to talk about the politics behind the ad, about Snyder’s re-election bid, and his likely Democratic opponent Mark Schauer.