Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Politics & Culture
Mon February 11, 2013
Stateside for Monday, February 11th, 2013
On today's show, we look at sales of alternative energy vehicles in this country. As much as the government wants to get us into electric vehicles and other alternative energy vehicles, the American consumer isn't warming up to them.
What keeps us from embracing the electric car?
And we talk about our special series of reports exploring the schools and the educational opportunities in Stockbridge, Michigan. It's part of Michigan Radio's State of Opportunity project.
But first, Detroit's Mayor will be delivering his State of the City address this coming Wednesday night, but even as Dave Bing prepares his speech the time may near for Governor Snyder to lower the proverbial boom and announce the appointment of an emergency manager for Michigan's biggest city.
Detroit News editorial writer Nolan Finley joined us to talk about his Sunday column that points to action from Lansing sooner rather than later. We asked him about the latest he's hearing from Lansing.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"