Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
News & Culture
Mon February 4, 2013
Stateside for Monday, February 4, 2013
Today marks the 100th birthday of Civil Rights leader, Rosa Parks. Cyndy talks with history professor Danielle McGuire about the legacy of Rosa Parks life.
And we'll take you inside the bus where Parks refused to give up her seat to a white man in Montgomery Alabama. That simple act of courage helped spark the civil rights movement in the U.S.
And, with immigration reform high on the agenda in Washington D.C., we take a look at just what makes people think the way they do about undocumented workers.
First up on the show, will the State of Michigan expand its Medicaid coverage?
That's the question on the front burner at the Governor's office these days as he prepares to unveil his new budget to the Legislature this week. We talk with reporter Kathleen Gray from the Detroit Free Press about the Governor's upcoming decision.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"