Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Politics & Culture
Mon January 13, 2014
Stateside for Monday, Jan. 13, 2014
Lawmakers in Lansing are facing an interesting dilemma: what to do with a projected surplus budget of $971 million. It's causing much debate over the best uses of the windfall.
Next, Mitch Albom joins us to discuss the mystery behind his latest book, "The First Phone Call From Heaven."
Based in Coldwater, Michigan, the story revolves around a handful of residents who receive phone calls from the dead. Are they truly phone calls from the afterlife, or just a hoax? We ask Albom on today's show.
Detroit Free Press business columnist Tom Walsh joins us to explore the history of Detroit's auto show, which is going on 25 years as an internationally renowned event.