Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Politics & Culture
Mon January 13, 2014
Stateside for Monday, Jan. 13, 2014
Lawmakers in Lansing are facing an interesting dilemma: what to do with a projected surplus budget of $971 million. It's causing much debate over the best uses of the windfall.
Next, Mitch Albom joins us to discuss the mystery behind his latest book, "The First Phone Call From Heaven."
Based in Coldwater, Michigan, the story revolves around a handful of residents who receive phone calls from the dead. Are they truly phone calls from the afterlife, or just a hoax? We ask Albom on today's show.
Detroit Free Press business columnist Tom Walsh joins us to explore the history of Detroit's auto show, which is going on 25 years as an internationally renowned event.