Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Politics & Culture
Mon January 13, 2014
Stateside for Monday, Jan. 13, 2014
Lawmakers in Lansing are facing an interesting dilemma: what to do with a projected surplus budget of $971 million. It's causing much debate over the best uses of the windfall.
Next, Mitch Albom joins us to discuss the mystery behind his latest book, "The First Phone Call From Heaven."
Based in Coldwater, Michigan, the story revolves around a handful of residents who receive phone calls from the dead. Are they truly phone calls from the afterlife, or just a hoax? We ask Albom on today's show.
Detroit Free Press business columnist Tom Walsh joins us to explore the history of Detroit's auto show, which is going on 25 years as an internationally renowned event.