Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Politics & Culture
Mon January 20, 2014
Stateside for Monday, Jan. 20, 2014
Gov. Rick Snyder delivered his fourth State of the State address last week.
He touted a recovering economy and improving job growth, but Democrats were none too pleased with the Governor's speech.
On today's show we'll dive into what Snyder said, take a look at new, proposed initiatives and find out what they mean for you.
And then, from Motown to Madonna and Eminem to Kid Rock: The Detroit area was, and continues to be, a musical powerhouse. Now one economic report is actually trying to figure out just how much all that's worth – monetarily speaking.
But first on today's show: What a difference three months makes.
After the knock-down, drag-out budget debacle that shut the government down in October, here we are in January. And perhaps goaded by the furious reaction of most Americans to last fall’s budget showdown, last week saw both chambers of Congress quietly and meekly passing a $1 trillion federal budget deal.
Detroit Free Press Washington reporter Todd Spangler joined us to talk about the deal.