Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Politics & Culture
Mon March 10, 2014
Stateside for Monday, March 10, 2014
Today on Stateside, Benton Harbor's financial emergency is over, according to Gov. Rick Snyder. An emergency manager was appointed four years ago; he and his successor have been successful in rehabilitating the city's finances.
The challenge to Michigan's ban on same-sex marriage is coming to an end in federal court. Oakland County Clerk Lisa Brown joined us today to discuss the issue.
Proposed changes to special education rules are causing alarm and concern for parents. Marcie Lipsitt, founder of Michigan Alliance for Special Education, joined us today to talk about the potentially devastating effects of the rule changes.