Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Politics & Culture
Mon March 25, 2013
Stateside for Monday, March 25th, 2013
Kevyn Orr, the emergency manager of Detroit, began his first day on the job this morning. There were some protests at City Hall. We found out the latest from Detroit today.
And we spoke with the new Chair of the Michigan Democratic Party. We asked Lon Johnson just what Democrats need to do to win the Governor's office in 2014.
Lester Graham of Michigan Watch joined us today to talk about his series on the LGBT community in Michigan.
Also, the U.S. Supreme Court said today it will broaden its examination of affirmative action by adding a case about Michigan. Specifically, the state's effort to ban consideration of race in college admissions. The justices are already considering a challenge to a University of Texas program that takes into account race among other factors.
And finally, we spoke with Lindsey Lou and Joshua Rilko husband and wife team in the bluegrass band Lindsey Lou and the Flatbellys.