Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Politics & Culture
Mon May 19, 2014
Stateside for Monday, May 19, 2014
Today marks the 1,000th day that Amir Hekmati has been in an Iranian prison. U.S. Congressman Dan Kildee, D-Flint, joined us to discuss what is being done to free the Michigan Marine.
And it's morel hunting season in Michigan. A top morel hunter and chef joined us on the program today.
Next, the BBC's Justin Webb went for a test drive in one of Google's driverless cars.
Then, the Republican's minimum-wage bill cleared the state Senate last week, and could demolish Raise Michigan's petition drive that would set minimum wage even higher.
And finally, should the Democratic Party in Michigan seek out an ally in big business?
*Listen to the full episode above.