Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Politics & Culture
Mon May 19, 2014
Stateside for Monday, May 19, 2014
Today marks the 1,000th day that Amir Hekmati has been in an Iranian prison. U.S. Congressman Dan Kildee, D-Flint, joined us to discuss what is being done to free the Michigan Marine.
And it's morel hunting season in Michigan. A top morel hunter and chef joined us on the program today.
Next, the BBC's Justin Webb went for a test drive in one of Google's driverless cars.
Then, the Republican's minimum-wage bill cleared the state Senate last week, and could demolish Raise Michigan's petition drive that would set minimum wage even higher.
And finally, should the Democratic Party in Michigan seek out an ally in big business?
*Listen to the full episode above.