Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Politics & Culture
Mon May 19, 2014
Stateside for Monday, May 19, 2014
Today marks the 1,000th day that Amir Hekmati has been in an Iranian prison. U.S. Congressman Dan Kildee, D-Flint, joined us to discuss what is being done to free the Michigan Marine.
And it's morel hunting season in Michigan. A top morel hunter and chef joined us on the program today.
Next, the BBC's Justin Webb went for a test drive in one of Google's driverless cars.
Then, the Republican's minimum-wage bill cleared the state Senate last week, and could demolish Raise Michigan's petition drive that would set minimum wage even higher.
And finally, should the Democratic Party in Michigan seek out an ally in big business?
*Listen to the full episode above.