Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Environment & Science
Thu February 7, 2013
Stateside: Solving the data needs of non-profit groups
The following is a summary of a previously recorded interview. To hear the complete segment, click the audio above.
When it comes to data and knowing just what to do with it, it seems there are two camps in this world.
Those who can plunge into mining, parsing, analyzing and figuring out how to really use data, and those who are fairly clueless when it comes to crunching data.
Luckily for some non-profit groups in the Ann Arbor/ Detroit area, those types aren’t just smart, they are nice, and willing to help.
Thanks to some hard-working grad students at the U-M School of Information. The A2 Data Dive is coming up this weekend on the Central Campus of the University of Michigan.
Co-founders, Claire Barco and Nikki Roda tell us more about the A2 Data Dive.
Arts & Culture