Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Arts & Culture
Wed February 20, 2013
Stateside: Supporting the film industry in Michigan
How much support should the state of Michigan give to the film industry and filmmakers?
Governor Snyder's recent budget proposal contained $25-million in tax credits for film makers.
That's a 50 percent cut from the present film credit cap of $50 million.
Some lawmakers, including Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville, a fellow Republican, say that is one bad plan.
He says it will drive the film industry out of Michigan.
Take a listen to our interview with the Director of the Michigan Film Office, Margaret O'Riley, above.
Politics & Culture
Politics & Government