Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Arts & Culture
Wed February 20, 2013
Stateside: Supporting the film industry in Michigan
How much support should the state of Michigan give to the film industry and filmmakers?
Governor Snyder's recent budget proposal contained $25-million in tax credits for film makers.
That's a 50 percent cut from the present film credit cap of $50 million.
Some lawmakers, including Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville, a fellow Republican, say that is one bad plan.
He says it will drive the film industry out of Michigan.
Take a listen to our interview with the Director of the Michigan Film Office, Margaret O'Riley, above.
Politics & Culture
Politics & Government