OpinionMore 'dark money' will influence politics in Michigan if Snyder doesn't veto
The Environment ReportGo lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
Politics & GovernmentIn his farewell speech Bing says, 'I will remain involved in Detroit's transformation'
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Politics & Culture
Thu April 11, 2013
Stateside for Thursday, April 11th, 2013
As the national debate over gun control continues, we take a look at just how pervasive gun violence is here in Michigan.
We also look at efforts to regulate Mixed Martial Arts fighting in Michigan.
And zombies are taking over MSU. Students are fighting back... with nerf guns (they work on zombies).
Later in the show, we meet a writer and fisherman who finds his inspiration in the Detroit River.
But first, we check-in with Daniel Howes, columnist at the Detroit News, about Gov. Rick Snyder's relationship with those in his party.