Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Politics & Culture
Thu April 11, 2013
Stateside for Thursday, April 11th, 2013
As the national debate over gun control continues, we take a look at just how pervasive gun violence is here in Michigan.
We also look at efforts to regulate Mixed Martial Arts fighting in Michigan.
And zombies are taking over MSU. Students are fighting back... with nerf guns (they work on zombies).
Later in the show, we meet a writer and fisherman who finds his inspiration in the Detroit River.
But first, we check-in with Daniel Howes, columnist at the Detroit News, about Gov. Rick Snyder's relationship with those in his party.